Placing your order for this high quality calendar shows your desire to help the Susan G. Komen Foundation in their pledge to:
- INVEST more than $600 million in education and community health groups to ensure quality care for all and to help underserved women overcome the social, economic, cultural and language barriers to quality breast care and treatment.
- INVEST more than $400 million in innovative breast cancer research, with the goal of answering the most urgent questions in the fight against this disease - what causes breast cancer, how can it be cured, and, ultimately, how can it be prevented?
- MOBILIZE more than 10 million neighbors and friends - through events like the Komen Race for the Cure Series - to energize and empower a new generation of women and their families in the fight against breast cancer.
- SAVE LIVES - our mothers, daughters, sisters and friends - through increased early detection and new treatments that spare future
- More early detection - nearly 75 percent of women over 40 years old now receive regular mammograms, the single most effective tool for detecting breast cancer early (in 1982, less than 30 percent received a clinical exam).
- More hope - the five-year survival rate for breast cancer, when caught early before it spreads beyond the breast, is now 98 percent (compared to 74 percent in 1982).
- More research - the federal government now devotes more than $900 million each year to breast cancer research, treatment and prevention (compared to $30 million in 1982).
- More survivors - America's 2.3 million breast cancers survivors, the largest group of cancer survivors in the U.S., are a living testament to the power of society and science to save lives.